Baby Foley-Murphy

Sunday, February 25, 2007

The 5th Month

I've already fallen short of my intention to post an update every week. To be honest, I think that may get a little boring. But my reason for not posting has been mostly that it has been a busy couple of weeks.

I am 20 weeks (5 months) pregnant now. And just as soon as the 20 week mark was hit I started to have a new batch of symptoms (not sure that is the right word, but I can't think of a better way to describe it). I have been ravenously hungry. This is a change from feeling hungry frequently but filling up quickly. It seems the most noticeable in the mornings right now--I guess from going without a calorie infusion for about 8-10 hours. But I have been needing to eat 3 breakfasts in the morning- it has been slowing me down getting out the door in the morning because I have to keep eating. Another new experience is indigestion. I've always had very little experience with these kind of issues and it keeps catching me off guard.

The baby's movements are getting more noticeable now. I don't have to be laying completely still to feel them. I notice them on and off throughout the day. And my belly has finally emerged. I am getting an idea of how I'm going to carry. Not so much the very cute pregnant belly that looks like a beach ball under one's shirt. More of the swollen belly + swollen almost everything else. I have a short torso and I am carrying all around it, including my back--weird.

We had an amazing shower in Milwaukee last weekend. I will post some pictures from that soon and go into more detail about that with that post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home